We have the following vacancies. To apply please send us your CV using the general contact form and stating the position you are applying for
Counsellor / Psychotherapist
Job Title: Counsellor
The applicant will provide counselling sessions initially with adults through face to face, telephone or Skype for clients with mental health problems and will be expected to undertake a range of duties including.
- To provide appropriate clinical therapeutic interventions for own case-load and maintain associated records
- To utilise knowledge of counselling frameworks and application of theories based on degree, post graduate training and experience.
- Posses friendly, approachable and professional manner
- To abide by the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy (2010) when working within Sakoon Counselling Service.
- To adhere to the policies and procedures of Sakoon Counselling service
- To have insurance in place
- To have a enhanced DBS check or one will need to be obtained
- To ensure all client case notes, assessments and any other documentation are completed in accordance with the policies and procedures of Sakoon Counselling Service.
- To attend independent CPD opportunities to enhance personal and professional development.
- Demonstrate understanding of confidentiality and ethical boundaries as defined by the BACP.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Be flexible, energetic, enthusiastic, pro-active and self-motivated.
- Be open to change and new challenges, adaptable, flexible in approach and working hours; prepared to explore new ways of working.
- Have a working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
Outreach support worker
Job Title: Counsellor
Hours: Flexible 2-3 hours a week
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Organize, attend, and/or participate in special events and promotions advocating Sakoon services.
2. Serve as spokesperson for the organization at meetings, special and media events.
3. Responsible for developing and implementing all outreach and marketing activities, campaigns, and strategies to
promote Sakoon. This can be done through a combination of personal contacts, brochures,
mass mailings, public presentations, special events, the Internet, etc.
4. Establish and maintain effective relationships with local agencies, employers, and other parties
5. Develop and implement an annual outreach plan that includes promotional and educational strategies.
6. Performs and supervises all communication, outreach, marketing, public relations, and media duties
7. Supervise the efforts of lower level staff members.
8. The Outreach Coordinator assists the Marketing Manager with the aforementioned duties and performs other related tasks as required
Trainer / Tutor
Job Title: Tutor / Trainer
Hours: Dependant upon course L2,L3 or L4
Salary: Starting £120 per day
To deliver Sakoon approved accredited CPCAB L2, L3 and L4 courses on alternate weekends. The courses can be co-tutored and if so you will not both be present at the same time. It’s the responsibility of the two tutors to decide each tutor’s timetable, input and which sessions will be covered. Both tutors(core and main tutor) are on the same pay rate and share the responsibilities equally. Courses normally start in September and January
Course Content and Delivery
- To work with the co-tutor to offer a systematic, planned scheme of work with clearly defined aims and objectives achievable within an agreed timescale.
- To work through group process
- To use/devise teaching materials that are appropriate to the subject, targeted at the appropriate level(s) for individual learners.
- To promote equal opportunities within the classroom through the use of non-discriminatory teaching materials and methods which respect the status of people who traditionally under-achieve, are under-represented in the group or adults with learning disabilities.
- To interview, with the co-tutor, prospective candidates(this may already be done by course admin)
Monitoring and Evaluation
- To monitor and assess individual learner’s progress and refer learners to sources of support and other classes within the Centre, as appropriate.
- To undertake regular course evaluation and identify appropriate action.
- To complete weekly attendance registers.
- To follow up the initial absence or withdrawal of learners and advise the relevant Programme Manager of any additional action which needs to be taken.
- To liaise and work with the co-tutor in all aspects of the course.
- To be responsible for Health & Safety in your work area and give clear fire instructions to learners on your course(s).
- To liaise with the Programme Manager and other Sakoon Centre staff, as appropriate.
- Occasional voluntary and paid attendance at staff meetings.
- Willingness to undertake training/re-training, as appropriate.
- Attendance at periodic tutor review meetings.
- To attend CPCAB standardisation when required – usually once every two years
Hours: Dependant on course and your availability.