We have the following vacancies. To apply please send us your CV using the general contact form and stating the position you are applying for
Job Title: Counsellor
The applicant will provide counselling sessions initially with adults through face to face, telephone or Skype for clients with mental health problems and will be expected to undertake a range of duties including.
- To provide appropriate clinical therapeutic interventions for own case-load and maintain associated records
- To utilise knowledge of counselling frameworks and application of theories based on degree, post graduate training and experience.
- Posses friendly, approachable and professional manner
- To abide by the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy (2010) when working within Sakoon Counselling Service.
- To adhere to the policies and procedures of Sakoon Counselling service
- To have insurance in place
- To have a enhanced DBS check or one will need to be obtained
- To ensure all client case notes, assessments and any other documentation are completed in accordance with the policies and procedures of Sakoon Counselling Service.
- To attend independent CPD opportunities to enhance personal and professional development.
- Demonstrate understanding of confidentiality and ethical boundaries as defined by the BACP.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Be flexible, energetic, enthusiastic, pro-active and self-motivated.
- Be open to change and new challenges, adaptable, flexible in approach and working hours; prepared to explore new ways of working.
- Have a working knowledge of MS Word and Excel